Last updated: March 8th, 2019.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site or app, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, first name and last name.
We also collect optional information like your plants, species varieties and performance of your cultivation or other details to help you with your experience.
After registration different types of data are collected by CityCrop (the “Additional User Data” and, together with the Registration Information, the “User Information”), such as:
• Activities (e.g. Growing performance, Plants, duration, Cultivation days), location data and maps of activities;
• User statistics;
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site or when you create a user account on our CityCrop app.
We collect data every time you start growing.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• Respond to any question you send us.
• Provide you with accurate information about your cultivations.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that makes your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
CityCrop deems all user information confidential and does not disclose such information without the express informed consent of the user. CityCrop has implemented reasonable security policies and procedures designed to protect user information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Plugins and widgets for social media
The CityCrop Products include social media plugins, such as (i) Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA; (ii) Google +, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043; (iii) Twitter, 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Users may recognize the respective plugins, e.g., by the respective logo or other respective characteristic typical for the respective social media-platform on our pages. You can find an overview of Facebook-plugins here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/. You can find an overview of Google+-plugins here: https://developers.google.com/+/web/. You can find an overview of Twitter-plugins here: https://dev.twitter.com/web/overview.
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
• Google+: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
If users do not want to have the respective social media-platform associate their visits on our site with their social media account, users must log out from their social media account.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
• By logging in to your account
• By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
Deletion of user information
In case of a termination of the Registered User’s account:
• All personal details provided by the user upon Registration shall be deactivated. Any details made public by the user, e.g., routes, notes on other Registered Users’ walls, will be (i) anonymized, i.e., it will be made clear that such details were provided by a deleted user, or (ii) deleted, in the event of cancellation, within thirty days; and
• Upon the Registered User’s request, all User Information not required for CityCrop’s performance of contractual obligations or compliance with statutory retention obligations shall be irrevocably deleted. The user shall request such deletion by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, which shall include the email address provided to CityCrop upon Registration, or via the website. CityCrop will comply with such requests within ten days and maintain a record of the deletion for one year after the deletion.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at:
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
CityCrop Automated Indoor Farming Ltd
Startupbootcamp IoT, Techspace,
25 Luke St,
London, EC2A 4DS